The 2020 insurance program signup is now closed.
The Calgary and District Beekeeping Association has engaged the Co-operators to offer optional “limited liability beekeepers insurance” that our members can purchase. The insurance coverage is from Jan 1 , 2020 to Dec 31, 2020, and costs $80.
|2020 insurance coverage||$80|
Applications for this insurance program for 2020 are made by signing up for the membership option that includes insurance, or by adding the insurance add-on if you already have a current 2020 membership.
Beekeepers Coverage — Quick Reference Guide
Note: The insurance coverage is valid only if you are a current 2020 member of the CDBA AND you have your current 2020 hive registration with the province.
Are you covered for trade shows?
- If the trade show relates to the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers operations and if the client is negligent, the policy will provide coverage under Liability Coverage A Property Damage, subject to Claims to determine at that point
Are bee stings covered?
- If relates to the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers operation and client is deemed negligent, the policy will potentially provide coverage under Coverage A Bodily Injury, subject to Claims to determine at that point
Are Products Complete Covered?
- If related to raw honey only then the policy will potential provide coverage, under Coverage A Product Liability, subject to Claims review to determine
Is Manufacturing into lip balm, lotions etc. covered?
- No, this is not covered under the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers policy. If this is required, a separate policy can be provided
Summary of Coverages
Bodily Injury And Property Damage Liability
- Each Occurrence Limit $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
- Each Occurrence Deductible – Property Damage $1,000